What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

Nah, just a curtain. Something like used in a hospital for privacy and of course some sort of ceiling over one stall. Just enough to take the edge off. 

• Like 1

Okay, I got the new radiator today and installed it in the '88 Black. Didn't even turn on the heat and had the garage door open as it was a balmy 25-30 degrees. Fired it up and no leaks so all is good. Then on to my wife's Enclave that needed an actuator for the driver's side heat. A little contortioning but got it done...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Didn't even turn on the heat and had the garage door open as it was a balmy 25-30 degrees.

Send me some snow Dave. Kat wants a white Christmas and it's supposed to be 62 degrees. Have you ever NOT had a white Christmas? ?

Not this year Ronnie. We had snow but with highs in the 40's Saturdary, Sunday and Monday it is all going to melt away...

Weird year for snow for sure. It came early this year but has come and gone a couple times already so I was surprised when our weather people said we have had 27" of snow so far this season. The last few inches will probably go as Dave mentioned as we have temps. in the 40's predicted with likely rain in the Christmas eve time frame. Just a few days ago it was below zero*F with a high of 6*F, go figure.

We've had a mild winter so far. There have been a few nights that dipped below freezing but I've not even seen a patch of ice on the roads.  We did have that weird and unexpected 1/4" of snow on the grass the other day but that is about it for wintry weather for us.  It's not too late for it. Our worst weather is usually in Jan. Feb. and sometimes in early March.  It's 40 degrees here right now and it's almost midnight.

My wife complains so much about Wisconsin winters, so I hope that this one is a mild winter. As you know I have one to many Reattas so the winter one stays outside. This has made my winter harder then usual as I have experienced frozen doors and unexpected car repairs. But to me it's a "mind set" so I just say this is what I have to deal with and just accept it. 

• Like 1

Bought a 3 stage Cub Cadet snow thrower last April in anticipation of this winter's snow.  Therefore, it will not snow to any appreciable amount this season!  So far, only 3" to date and not all at once...not enough to use the thrower.  First day of Winter today and temp is hitting 40 and tomorrow 50.

• Like 1

So my wife very reluctantly agreed to let me buy my '90 convertible reatta. Between various problems that needed to be fixed first and weather constaints, I only just got to give her a ride with the top down today.  She couldn't hide her smile ? I think she's sold on the whole convertible thing.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Philbo said:

She couldn't hide her smile ? I think she's sold on the whole convertible thing.

That's what Reatta ownership is all about. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philbo said:

So my wife very reluctantly agreed to let me buy my '90 convertible reatta. Between various problems that needed to be fixed first and weather constaints, I only just got to give her a ride with the top down today.  She couldn't hide her smile ? I think she's sold on the whole convertible thing.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Depending on what top was down, I'd be smiling too...

Edited by DAVES89
  • Haha 2

Current Reatta has been in winter storage since October 3rd.  Won't be out until first of April, 2020.  Am keeping an eye on two '91 convertibles currently for sale, though...like I really need this!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I am turning off the money faucet for the '89 Black., The cruise control stopped working yesterday and after swapping out the servo with two others and consulting with Kendall we determined that the switch and/or lead has gone bad in the column. I had a back up column in the parts bin but sold it so at this time do not have one. 

I can still drive the car but always like the convenience of having cruise.

4 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Well I think I am turning off the money faucet for the '89 Black., The cruise control stopped working yesterday and after swapping out the servo with two others and consulting with Kendall we determined that the switch and/or lead has gone bad in the column. I had a back up column in the parts bin but sold it so at this time do not have one. 

I can still drive the car but always like the convenience of having cruise.

It knows it is destined to be put out to pasture, or worse?

Does the cruise light on the dash come on when you push the cruise button? Any cruise codes?

Light on the dash comes on and then goes to resume after 1-5 seconds. Sometimes a bit longer. have not checked for codes. What have you got?

If the light comes on when you push the cruise button I think that proves that the problem isn't the column or button. I think something is causing the cruise to kick off. Maybe checking the codes will give you a clue. I would check the switch on the brake pedal first to make sure it adjusted properly and in good condition.

Just got back from my friend Bob [who is storing my parts car Reatta]. The switch in both my '89 Black and the parts car was bad, but Bob rebuilt them as they are simple contact switches. That wasn't it and it appears that Kendall was right that it is the cruise switch wire. Bob grabbed one end of the wire on the parts car and it pulled right out as it was completely broken. 

I'm going to look online to see what they cost. My thoughts are if I rebuild this one I'll have a spare down the line so it's not like I'm throwing the money away.

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Kendall was right that it is the cruise switch wire.

Sounds like I lead you on a wild goose chase by me thinking it was the brake pedal switch. Sorry about that.

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

I'm going to look online to see what they cost. My thoughts are if I rebuild this one I'll have a spare down the line

I'm a little confused. Are you talking about buying another steering column?