What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

Had a little time and thought I would swap out the wiper switch in the Black. The old one works fine and lights up well and looks good, but I had a like new one and thought "Why not? No one is interested in them and I have at least 3 more switches so the swap was made.

I also installed a door pull end of my own design. I noticed about 2 weeks ago that the cap was missing. My SIL has a 3 D printer and he made some caps for me. I also had a friend make some of the plugs out of hardwood which I use to replace the weak plugs supplied when the cars were new. At any rate quick fix and now the car is once again complete. 

• Like 1

Well the Black needs a bit more attention. The screw I put in for the door handle end was just too small a diameter to hold so I will have to go to the hardware store to get a correct size.

Also while out last night the passenger side headlight wouldn't pop up so a new crank needs to be installed. It was "loose" and had a noticeable wobble, but I thought it would last.

Today is a good day for it as the sun should be out and we might hit 40 so the garage [unheated] should be warm enough for doing the projects.

The Reatta is now relaxing in its storage location. A couple minor cleanup items and leather conditioner to be applied yet. Just in time too. While it’s expected to warm some next week, highs in the low 30’s today with gusty winds into the upper 40’s overnight and most of the day today.

In an ironic twist, Dave’s former winter car has also gone to sleep for the winter, being replaced by a Chevy Aveo in daily duty?

Had 3+" of "surprise" snow late last week with wicked strong winds which knocked out power in my neighborhood for about 3 hours.  Whole house Generac generator kicked right in.  With leaves still on trees, I had 8 huge tree limbs break and fall in my back yard but none on the side where the Reatta is stored in the igloo.  Reatta and igloo are all OK.

41 minutes ago, ship said:

Had 3+" of "surprise" snow late last week with wicked strong winds which knocked out power in my neighborhood for about 3 hours.  Whole house Generac generator kicked right in.  With leaves still on trees, I had 8 huge tree limbs break and fall in my back yard but none on the side where the Reatta is stored in the igloo.  Reatta and igloo are all OK.

Our snow is all gone but we are having high winds. I did a quick walk around to see if my siding and shingles are still in place. There is no room in the garage for the Black so it sits outside. So far everything is good. 

In February the Black will be inside as the 'vert leaves for Texas. Then all my cars will be undercover 24/7/365. Can't wait.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 2seater said:

The Reatta is now relaxing in its storage location. A couple minor cleanup items and leather conditioner to be applied yet. Just in time too. While it’s expected to warm some next week, highs in the low 30’s today with gusty winds into the upper 40’s overnight and most of the day today.

In an ironic twist, Dave’s former winter car has also gone to sleep for the winter, being replaced by a Chevy Aveo in daily duty?

That is an "ironic twist" as after 9 Wisconsin winters I wouldn't think that it would be a winter stored car. But on the other hand it still is a very nice looking car so why not?

Sorry to hear that you guys are having to put your Reattas away for the winter already. We are having a cold snap right now. It's 57 and overcast here at 9:20a (time changed) and going up to about 63 and sunny this afternoon. We are supposed to get our first frost tonight. Temps are going back up into the 70s by the end of the week. I'm going to drive through the mountains today to look at leaves. I'm expecting colder temps up there so I'm going to take a jacket.

Dave, I think you are going to like Brownsville. I just checked the weather there and it's 69 now and going up to 82 this afternoon. Perfect weather.

8 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

That is an "ironic twist" as after 9 Wisconsin winters I wouldn't think that it would be a winter stored car. But on the other hand it still is a very nice looking car so why not?

A reversal of fortune so to speak. To be honest, I have mentioned looking for a lower mile Reatta with the desired color combo and perhaps use it as a parts car, but it seems just the opposite is his desire. 

Had a great day driving the Reatta today. Covered about 140 miles. We stopped for a break at the Reliance, TN Post Office / General Store / Rafting Center. It's the primary gathering spot for this rural community. This place is out in the middle of nowhere. It's about a hundred years old.  Although it was closed I wanted to get a couple of photos at their old gas pumps.

I also tried to get a shot of what appears to be Norman Bates summer home. The house is really creepy looking. It's right out in the middle of nowhere to. The hill on the left of the car is so steep that I couldn't at a good angle to get all of the car in the shot like I wanted to.

reliance 11-2020-1.jpg

reliance 11-2020-4.jpg

reliance 11-2020-5.jpg

• Like 2

I got a nice complement on my Reatta today.  I pulled up to the window at Wendy's drive through and the girl at the window said, "Man, you're driving in style." I said, "yeah in 1988 style". She said, "I thought you had just bought a new sports car". I thanked her and told her how nice it was of her to say that.  I guess wiping the Reatta off with detailing spray wax this morning before I left paid off. ?

• Like 2

Update on "surprise snow/high winds" previously reported:  Reatta in igloo still OK.  Have 4 roof skylights...one decided to leak into the upstairs bedroom.  The roof is only three and a half years old.  Roofer who did the job botched the flashing but won't come to do repairs.  Wife is giving his company some seriously negative Yelp flack!  So a local guy re-flashed all four skylights for very reasonable price.  No more leaks.  Reatta in igloo still OK.  Called a local tree guy that my son knows to chip up the blown down tree limbs.  Called him yesterday afternoon and he came today!...Normally quick turnarounds with trades are a "never happening" thing!  Guy said they were finished with a previous big job and off to the next big job.  I was "fill in".  The guy even cut off some limbs that were hanging close to my neighbor's garage roof.  Were in at 10am and out by 10:30am.  Even raked up some leaves/small stuff.  Reatta in igloo still OK.

Edited by ship
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about the roof leaking but overall is sounds like you came out pretty good. Finding people to do work for you is always hit and miss. I found that out when I was having my house built and had to fire the general contractor and take on his job myself. Finding competent subcontractors who would do what they promised was really hard. I had to do a lot of the work myself. I'm glad your car wasn't damaged.

• Thanks 1

I know the title is “What did you do to your Reatta today” . . . Yesterday I left south central Pennsylvania and drove 370 miles to the Outer Banks of NC to attend a wedding that could not be rescheduled due to Covid.

This morning we has a light rain before I walked out and took these photos. Does anybody want to guess what I’ve been doing for a week prior to leaving? ?
503FB31A-9933-4AEE-BF3B-CA02342EA0D1.thumb.jpeg.2aad6442010c07f673edeb5b455fbd1e.jpeg8FD07B3E-991D-4D74-A853-DD01D8414D81.thumb.jpeg.b320d201b117c7f267131adc91e9c3b6.jpeg04F33A5B-2959-4106-96AC-6B42557F7A08.thumb.jpeg.52bcbdcb4d7976d788fb27ce0cef21f3.jpeg

I know the rain is annoying but it sort of makes the detailed car glow. Looks fantastic 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nice photos. Your Reatta is beautiful. The black top on the red car is my favorite color combo on a vert. I've never really wanted a vert but you car is making me start to want one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you all for the kind words!  The car did clean up nice and I should probably admit to being inspired by Ronnie’s dip into detailing a year or two ago with the three step process and a buffer!  Being old school (and feeling an old 60 years) I did everything by hand, starting with the clay bar and then compound, polish and wax. 
As others have mentioned, I’ve received compliments from strangers in parking lots this weekend and it is fun when someone tells me a Reatta story!   

PS  this Reatta comes with the Bright Red interior... and 139,000 smiles err I mean miles darn autocorrect ?BEE9D814-D0CA-4F6C-90F2-E8CE7A15D8E4.thumb.jpeg.6ba0e9c9d9583e2320f1ac91f3e35a56.jpegFCF75CA6-CA4D-495D-BA13-7D88CF9C619D.thumb.jpeg.aacc75eac789a62da9f4db4a612f714d.jpeg

• Like 2

Just one more pic ....

As the wedding was a Friday affair, we took the opportunity on Saturday to visit the local Corolla lighthouse where we had a photo op with the Flower Girl and Ring Bearer!233B0560-4C7B-45DB-A54D-7019A1F0474E.thumb.jpeg.3c9cf377f4e8ec73ff1a33fefd157978.jpeg

• Like 2