What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

As I said on Monday I should go back out to Gibson's and get another ignition/coil pack, so I did. Got two Delco ignition modules and one coil pack as I have two back up sets of coils. So now back up inventory is 3 Delco Ignition Modules w/coils, one extra set of Delco coils and one Magnavox Ignition Module.

Running out of things to buy at Gibsons...

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

As I said on Monday I should go back out to Gibson's and get another ignition/coil pack, so I did. Got two Delco ignition modules and one coil pack as I have two back up sets of coils. So now back up inventory is 3 Delco Ignition Modules w/coils, one extra set of Delco coils and one Magnavox Ignition Module.

Sort of a good problem to have IMHO?

• Like 1

With the 'vert going to Texas I will be draining a bit of my inventory. So far I packed;

Shop Manual, Ignition Module/Coil Pack, Speedo, Temperature Control Module, Headligh Switch, Stereo, Fan Module, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Cruise Servo. I put the following new parts on it, front pads/rotors, alternator, accumulator.

I know I won't have everything I will need, but I will have the most needed parts with me.

I also sprayed undercoating on the brake and fuel lines to slow down any airborne salt from the ocean. Brownsville is a bit of distance from the ocean.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, DAVES89 said:

I put one of the Ignition Modules and coil packs on Friday and have now put on about 125 miles of all around driving [highway/rural/city]. So I will swap in the other set up I bought and see how that one works. This one that I just removed will be marked "good" and put in the parts bin for future use or sale...

• Like 2

It was still cool this morning so I did an oil change on the Red for the first time since getting it out this spring. There was a time I would have to change it every other month because of the miles driven. It was "down" for 3 weeks while I was getting a fuel pump sending unit and then there was this virus thing which meant fewer things to do. I've owned it for 12 years and 190,000 miles which comes out to about 16000 miles a year. I don't think this year will be 7,000 as I will be putting it away in October to make sure the "winter Black is sorted out.

Using my Reatta is almost non-existent this year. I try to drive it once a week but with almost no car events taking place near me there isn't much to look forward to.  I think my new-to-me 2001 GMC truck is a better pandemic vehicle.  If I catch the virus I can lay in the back of the truck and Kat can haul me to the hospital door and push me out in the driveway. Cheaper than a $900 ambulance ride when I just need to go about 2 miles down the road to the hospital. ?

• Haha 1

Hello everyone, didn't do much today to the car, but did mount my subwoofer remote and installed 4 led strips. Also switched out all my lights that were red to white. The red ones were too dark so thats why i switched then bought led strips instead. Then cleaned the inside and vacuumed. Cant wait for it to get dark and go for a cruise with my subwoofer and music lights lol.

As most everyone here knows, is that I drive one Reatta or another every day of the year. I was driving the Red heading home and stopped for gas at a "Kwik Trip about 30 miles from home. I was filling the car when a guy driving an older Porsche called over and asked what year I had and how he really liked my wheels. He told me that he had a second Porsche that he parted out so he had back stock on anything that would go wrong. Then as we were just about done a guy in a delivery van pulled up and said that there was a Reatta for sale on face book for cheap. I told him that I have 3 and really didn't need another. So with a wave and a good by we all went on our way. I then stopped at a Medanrds [big box retailer similar to Home Depot] and as I was walking back yto my car a guy drove by and gave me a "thumbs up". Made for a nice end to the day...

• Like 1

I've had several people pull up beside me and give me a thumbs up while I was driving my Reatta. I remember one guy was driving a huge 4 wheel drive pickup and another guy was driving a '69 396 SS Chevelle. Always makes me feel like my Reatta is something special.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, hamil@ftc-i.net said:

The brakes are hard 

Welcome to the forum hamil. Tell us more about your brakes and maybe we can help. From what you originally said it sounds like your brake pump isn't running.

• Ronnie changed the title to What did you do with your Reatta today.

Gonna throw this out there. I last changed all 4 struts about 110,000 miles ago. The car still has a nice ride, but wondering if I should take a look at this. Anyone have an opinion?

If you are happy with the ride I don't see a reason to change as long as the tires are wearing even. The condition of the roads the car is driven on has a lot to do with the life of the struts. We have pretty good roads here in TN so shocks and struts tend to last a long time.  If you have any doubts about tire wear you might want to have the alignment checked just to see if everything is still within specs.

• Agree 2

I changed the shocks on my GMC that were still in decent shape at 147k and that is mostly because RockAuto had a closeout on them for $13 each. I just couldn't pass up that deal on $39 shocks when looking for things that needed to be replaced to put the truck in top shape.

Hal you took a ride in the Red after we dropped off your Red '89. What do you think?

25 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Hal you took a ride in the Red after we dropped off your Red '89. What do you think?

Admittedly I wasn’t critiquing your car at the time but I certainly didn’t notice anything amiss. It rides as well as befits the appearance. I agree with Ronnies assessment that if the tires are wearing evenly and not flat spotting, I would leave it alone.

Enjoyed the beautiful weather today at Bald River Falls with my daughter.  Put about 170 miles round trip on my Reatta driving through the Cherokee National Forest and on the Cherohala Skyway. One of my favorite places to drive.

ball river falls 9-5-30-3.jpg

ball river falls 9-5-30-1.jpg

ball river falls 9-5-30-2.jpg

• Like 3