What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

My vote is they belong on the Cub Cadet.

PS: I have a Cub Cadet 3 stage snow thrower....best thing since sliced bread IMO.  Even goes right through that icy crap at the end of the driveway that the street plows leave! 

Edited by ship

2 hours ago, ship said:

I have a Cub Cadet 3 stage snow thrower....best thing since sliced bread IMO. 

I'll have to take your word for it. I've never laid eyes on a snow thrower.  ?

• Haha 1

I have a 7hp Ariens. Recognized as one of the best brands around and built in Wisconsin about 20 miles from my house...

• Agree 1

Oops!!  I forgot to mention the old TroyBilt 2 stage snowblower ...

19 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

I have a 7hp Ariens. Recognized as one of the best brands around and built in Wisconsin about 20 miles from my house...

it’s a 10 hp, 28” wide beast that’s driven by tank tracks ...  hmmm, the original question is which piece of equipment gave up the 3” long rubber ‘cushion’ on one side, teeth on the other side to hold them in place ... ?!  

F4DE2E8C-ED8C-4AF5-A475-6F011B13A6B7.thumb.jpeg.ace48dede6124676ea4055a7340a2abb.jpeg

On 11/16/2020 at 9:16 PM, DAVES89 said:

Baumgarts must like me. The price is $550.00 parts, labor, alignment, and taxes included. 

As I waited so long for the new rack I ruined the tires that came with the Reatta. So I thought I woule stop by Gibson's to see what they had in the way of used tires. I got there just as they were closing and scored a set [of four] Cooper tires 215/65/15 that are like new. So they will be going on the Black with the new rack [lol].

Hal I sent you an e mail of some tires/wheels I was looking at . They are pretty nice and very reasonable.

Tomorrow is the big day for the rack and tires. I have an 8:00 am appointment. Should be done by noon.

On a side note I keep looking at those wheels [8 spoke 4 for $80.00] but I just don't drive enough to warrant a second set of rims/tires as the Red and the 'vert have Michelin Defenders with an 80,000 mile warranty.

• Like 1

Still thinking on the wheels. However I dropped the Black off for the rack, to find out that Mike was thinking I was getting the rack and I said "Remember me saying for the little difference in price you can get the rack, and if anything goes wrong it's all yours"? He said that's right and started checking around for one. There was one at a NAPA 20 miles away, they will have it at 10 and still have the car for me by noon or so. It takes about an hour or so and there are tires to mount [I brought a set of 4 in] so they should still be on schedule.

Yesterday and today (11/25/20) were warm enough in the storage igloo so I started work on detailing the engine and lower chassis.  A lot of dirt/grease build up since I did this a time before, especially underneath (I think South Bend BCA Nat'l 2012!).  Saw some wiring harness sections that will need new corrugated black plastic covers...have various sizes new in inventory.  I'll continue this cleanup process on and off throughout the winter months (with a space heater installed). 

Edited by ship

7 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Still thinking on the wheels. However I dropped the Black off for the rack, to find out that Mike was thinking I was getting the rack and I said "Remember me saying for the little difference in price you can get the rack, and if anything goes wrong it's all yours"? He said that's right and started checking around for one. There was one at a NAPA 20 miles away, they will have it at 10 and still have the car for me by noon or so. It takes about an hour or so and there are tires to mount [I brought a set of 4 in] so they should still be on schedule.

The shop called to say that the pressure hose needs to be replaced. Nothing in town and me with no inventory, so the car won't be done until Monday because of Thanksgiving.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

The shop called to say that the pressure hose needs to be replaced. Nothing in town and me with no inventory, so the car won't be done until Monday because of Thanksgiving.

Ah nuts, I have that new hose at my cottage. We never had the chance to install it on the red. I missed my chance to help you with parts.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway?

Thanks 2seater. I don't think they would have the time to do the car on Friday even if they had the part. I think I get the car back tomorrow [Monday].

On another note, in regards to that set of wheels that I told you and Ronnie about. I told my brother about them as I was thinking he could pick them up for me. But he tells me he wants them for his Lucerne to "dress it up" a bit. This is the second time I told him about wheels, as a about a year ago I found [on Craigslist] a set of Buick 7 spoke chrome wheels [the ones I run on the Red and 'vert] that had like new "Blizzek" snow tires on. Well he bought those for himself as well.

He's my brother and I love him, but still...

Edited by DAVES89

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

Thanks 2seater. I don't think they would have the time to do the car on Friday even if they had the part. I think I get the car back tomorrow [Monday].

On another note, in regards to that set of wheels that I told you and Ronnie about. I told my brother about them as I was thinking he could pick them up for me. But he tells me he wants them for his Lucerne to "dress it up" a bit. This is the second time I told him about wheels, as a about a year ago I found [on Craigslist] a set of Buick 7 spoke chrome wheels [the ones I run on the Red and 'vert] that had like new "Blizzek" snow tires on. Well he bought those for himself as well.

He's my brother and I love him, but still...

I see a pattern here? You are too good a sleuth and your powers of discovery are being taken advantage of. Maybe he bought them as a Christmas present  for you but that sounds like it would be an extreme long shot?

• Like 1

He could actually be kind of a "Guardian Angel" saving me from buying too much car stuff...

Sounds like it might be a good idea to stop telling your brother about good deals. I don't know if it's just a southern saying or not but here in Tennessee we would say he "bought them out from under you".  I can understand your frustration.

No real frustration as I actually told 2seater about them in hopes that he too would "Save me from myself". 

Back story, I actually had an extra set of 4 Reatta wheels with very nice tires on them. I sold them to 2seater as I was telling myself to downsize, and now here I am looking at another set of wheels that I would have to buy tires for starting the cycle all over again.

• Agree 1

Okay I got the Black back today at 5:00. it got an alignment, power steering pressure hose replaced, alignment and mounting/balancing of tires. Total bill was $660.00 which I think is fair. The P.O. did the front calipers, ball joints and tie rods less then 30,000 miles ago so I should be in good shape for a while. Some may think that is a lot to spend but as I only spent $1000.00 for the car, I think I am still good.

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1

If a good running Reatta isn't worth $1700 we might as well throw in the towel. I wish that is what I had in mine. ?

• Agree 1