All dressed up and no place to go.

Ronnie

I got up early this morning so I could get my Reatta washed and ready to go to a cruise-in about 70 miles away.  It was beautiful outside and weather radar showed clear skies.  I thought it was going to be the perfect day for a nice drive and for looking at old cars. 

The car was extra dirty and had a lot of bug splatters on the front so I really took my time to give it a really good wash job.  I dried it off and off I went to take a shower and get ready to go have some fun.

Now the fun part... I jump in the Reatta and head down the road. I get about three miles away from home and it starts raining so hard I can hardly see the road.  It was like I had my own personal rain cloud.  I turn around and come back home.  It's still raining lightly outside but I can see blue skies off in the distance.  I looked at the weather radar again and it shows rain will be getting here SOON and there will be rain showers on and off the rest of the afternoon. Same weather report for the location of the cruise-in.   Just my luck.... ?

At least I got a photo of the car before I left while it was still clean. ?

7-24-18 (3).JPG

• Like 1

• Ronnie changed the title to All dressed up and no place to go.

Photo looks great! It seems the last person to know what the weather is going to do is the forecaster. I heard many moons ago that rain clouds are caused by the static electricity generated while polishing a car. Seems more accurate than the forecast?

Thanks. It looked good for about an hour.  ? I can understand a forecaster making a mistake but what I don't understand is them never acknowledging it. Just once I would like to see one of them come on the air and say they were wrong and apologize for it.  Instead they just move on to the next day's forecast like nothing ever happened. it would be nice if we could all get by with doing that at work.

Not to launch into a complete sidetrack here but one of my all time favorite Far Side cartoons was of a reporter standing in a weather reporting station exclaiming over the air that their accuracy had increased over 60% by installing a window. Ever notice as the forecast changes throughout the day, (to reflect current happenings), that the history disappears so it is difficult to compare what's really happening to what you remembered was predicted. It's been that way for ages?

13 minutes ago, 2seater said:

one of my all time favorite Far Side cartoons was of a reporter standing in a weather reporting station exclaiming over the air that their accuracy had increased over 60% by installing a window.

Haha. I like that.  For the most part it's true.  ?

• Ronnie featured this topic