E41 on the 'vert

DAVES89

I have an Instrument Cluster that the "Service Engine Soon" light  doesn't work installed in the 'vert. I didn't know that, but found out when a guy wanted to buy an IPC from me but wanted it tested again in the car before buying. So when I installed it, to my surprise I got an SES warning which turned out to be the Cam Sensor magnet. I replaced the cam sensor but no dice. So maybe this fall or next spring I'll do that. I did put the IPC that has the burned out bulb back in. Car runs real good and I never would have known.

Edited by DAVES89

Besides the SES light 89s give error messages on the dash and the CRT for code 41. On a 90 is the SES the only warning you get? Nothing else on the dash?

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Car runs real good and I never would have known.

I tell people on the forums that all the time. A lot of times they ignore me  and they still want to blame hard starting and poor running on the cam sensor because they have a code 41.

I have unplugged my cam sensor and drove around to see if I could tell a difference. I couldn't. Maybe if you keep close track of fuel mileage over a period of time it might make a difference in that. Or, maybe if you had a way to measure peak performance you might could tell a difference but the way I drive I can't tell it hurts performance.

Good point Ronnie. I put about the same miles on the 'vert that you do on your car. I have no idea how long the light has been out, but yes it does run great. Another reason I like this IPC is that the Security light is also out. This car is different in a good way [at least to me] in that when you put it in gear the doors don't lock, but will lock when you use the remote key fob or the button on the door.

• Like 1