Should Buick have made a yellow Reatta?

Ronnie

I like the looks of the photo; I have never owned a yellow automobile!!

When I saw the title, I was afraid to look but that actually is not bad at all, aside from the hood graphic. I guess I did have one yellow car now that I think of it: a school bus yellow AMC Pacer. I actually ordered it that way, my first brand new car in 1975. I guess that tells a lot about my sense of style?

I've owned two yellow cars, a '64 Impala and a '73 Vega (I put a 302 small-block in it.). I liked them both. The Reatta in the photo is a little darker yellow than the cars I owned but I think it looks pretty good. I don't care for the white hood graphic. I guess black Z-28 stripes would be a little too much but I'd like to see how they would look on that yellow Reatta.  Yellow with Z-28 stripes and a SC engine sounds like my kind of car. If any Reatta collectors are reading this I guess they are puking by now. ?

4 hours ago, 2seater said:

When I saw the title, I was afraid to look but that actually is not bad at all, aside from the hood graphic. I guess I did have one yellow car now that I think of it: a school bus yellow AMC Pacer. I actually ordered it that way, my first brand new car in 1975. I guess that tells a lot about my sense of style?

That's okay I still like you and won't judge...

I'm not going to say anything bad about a Pacer. I worked with an old guy with a bad temper that bought one new and he liked it. We called it his 50/50 car (behind his back). Fifty percent of the time he was bragging about how much he liked it and the other fifty percent of the time he was threatening to whip somebody's ass for making fun of it. ?

Although I have never owned a Yellow car, I will say that my favorite color is Yellow. If I did ever get a chance to buy a yellow car, I am not sure if I would buy it. The picture of the yellow Reatta does look quite nice though minus the graphic.

• Like 1

I just saw an article about the AMC Pacer, not as the butt of a joke but as a surprising collectable. Prices for rebuilder quality are equal or more than a nice Reatta and high end are in the upper $20k level. I guess I was over 40 years early?

The Pacer certainly was a unique car. I can see them being collectable. They were a pace setter when they first came out (pun intended). With all the glass I would think of George Jetson's car when I looked at one of them.  Even though they looked a little odd they were supposed to be designed so they were aerodynamic and fuel efficient.

jetsons-flying-cars2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kind words were hard to come by at the time. The one fatal flaw in my very first buying brand new experience was I ordered it without A/C. Super bad idea but a good car otherwise. Traded it in one year later on a brand new V8 powered Hornet wagon, with A/C. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine had one, and it was a nice car, but I always felt like I was in a fish bowl. Never thought of the Jetson's but yeah I can see it now...

• Like 1