1989 Anti-Lock Brake light

Posti

My anti-lock brake light is staying on.  I did find the diagnostic ode list and process on the site, and will give that a go.  Just in case, though, does anyone know a way to disable the light?  Will pulling the in-line fuse for the anti-lock module kill the light?  The car stops smooth and straight, and the light is annoying.  Of course, there is always the option of putting a square of electrical tape over the light....

I think there is an ABS fuse on '89 models that might disable the ABS part of the brake system and the light. I have never noticed it on my '88 model. You can try removing that fuse if you can find it but be careful, it might affect the brake pump as well. I have never had an ABS problem so I haven't had a reason to check it out.

88-89_relays_firewall.jpg

My anti-lock brake light is staying on.  I did find the diagnostic ode list and process on the site, and will give that a go.  Just in case, though, does anyone know a way to disable the light?  Will pulling the in-line fuse for the anti-lock module kill the light?  The car stops smooth and straight, and the light is annoying.  Of course, there is always the option of putting a square of electrical tape over the light....

Strongly suggest not pulling the fuse.  After the Diagnostics test you will probably find a bad cable on one of the front wheels going from the sender on the hub to the brake computer under the hood.  These cables are exposed to the weather and it's  common to them crack.

The easiest way to find out what is going on with your leads is to do a visual check of the front leads. If they are cracked or frayed they are probably bad. After the visual inspection follow the lead up to the plugs in the engine compartment. take a reading with an ohm meter, if they read they are good. Then check the back. Most times it is a froint lead that has gone bad.

I sell them and can be reached at;

lemke1044@aol.com