Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Photos

Ronnie

Hi all good to be back, I have been working on my 89 , making Rita (name I call her) she is all show! no go! LOL

I mentioned to Ron I took her out, for a ride, ran great ! but the key stuck in the forward position, got the key out , but it's stuck in on, has that happened to any of the members?

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bghere said:

I mentioned to Ron I took her out, for a ride, ran great ! but the key stuck in the forward position, got the key out , but it's stuck in on, has that happened to any of the members?

You should start a new topic for this to get more attention. Maybe someone has had the same problem and will be able to help.

I would guess that the rack is broke on the bottom of the steering column. I good friend of mine had all the tools. I did have to remove the column for him and as parts are rare, I went out to the local you pick and pulled a column out of another Reatta for him to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Opened the post to view the photos of some mighty fine looking Reattas. Ronnie's red one is a standout (so is his landscape choices).

However, noticed the post about the key issue. My '89 had an issue (maybe not the same as bghere), but the key was sometimes hard to turn in the ignition. And, if it didn't turn, the trans would not move out of Park. My dealer replaced the ignition lock cylinder with new keys included. Cost (in July 2016) was $139 - $51 for the cylinder and balance for labor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Here is pic of 88 I just bought new on here trying to fig it out

16183226045406375906708543544394.thumb.jpg.81ef1ced1868df5b80f14032e9fc8d4c.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got my 1990 Reatta today. It drives really well, no rust, and fairly low miles (77k) The only problem it has with it currently is the left turn signal doesn't blink, it just constantly shines so I had to keep flicking the signal on and off. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Anyway, i'm happy to be apart of the community. Cheers!

image0.thumb.jpg.5ed3c0f1ba0feef8b55d37c4bc3355b3.jpgimage1.thumb.jpg.3d7a7a108a9581bcfd9a75a0e99c1685.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, buggzy said:

I got my 1990 Reatta today. It drives really well, no rust, and fairly low miles (77k) The only problem it has with it currently is the left turn signal doesn't blink, it just constantly shines so I had to keep flicking the signal on and off. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Anyway, i'm happy to be apart of the community. Cheers!

image0.thumb.jpg.5ed3c0f1ba0feef8b55d37c4bc3355b3.jpgimage1.thumb.jpg.3d7a7a108a9581bcfd9a75a0e99c1685.jpg

It probably is your "Flasher". It is a round "can" located behind the dash on the passenger side of your steering column. Hard to get to. Best advice is to turn on the directional that works and reach up and feel for the clicking can. That is the one to replace. There are two can. The other is for the emergency flashers. 

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

It probably is your "Flasher". It is a round "can" located behind the dash on the passenger side of your steering column. Hard to get to. Best advice is to turn on the directional that works and reach up and feel for the clicking can. That is the one to replace. There are two can. The other is for the emergency flashers. 

Thanks! I'll look into it tomorrow

3 hours ago, buggzy said:

Anyway, i'm happy to be apart of the community. Cheers!

Nice looking car. Glad to have you here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Memorial Day weekend outing. Thanks to those who served 🇺🇲

20210530_193859.jpg

• Like 6

Our Memorial Day pictures.  Humbled to live in this great country and to have a rare, little known vehicle.

IMG_20210525_195735136.jpg

IMG_20210525_195555767.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 4:35 PM, Ronnie said:

I don't like the stripes on the hood but this yellow Reatta is really starting to grow on me.  It brings back memories of a friends '69 Z28 Camaro. One of my favorite cars of all time.  I just don't understand why Buick didn't make the Reatta rear wheel drive and give it a supercharged or turbocharged engine.  They could have sold a million of them if they had.

yellow reatta.png

I think the reason they didn't do anything special with the engine was because they were pouring money into the production of the car and the Cadillac design team was sucking up all the resources for the Allante. So Buick had to compromise with the Reatta. They got their design for the most part but the engine/trans was something they could just pull in from their other Buick models so it didn't cost extra to throw it in. It was a cost saving thing. If you think about it, it might be the single best reason that there are still Reattas on the road today other than being unusual and rare. The 3800 engine is one of the most reliable and long lasting engines of all time.

Love the yellow Reatta. I wish that had been a standard color.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BlakesReatta said:

If you think about it, it might be the single best reason that there are still Reattas on the road today other than being unusual and rare. The 3800 engine is one of the most reliable and long lasting engines of all time.

Yeah I agree. I just with they had used the supercharged version in the Reatta to give it a little more power and a little stronger transmission to go with it. The transmissions are a little weak to stand much more power..

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Nice looking Reatta Don. I like the wheels with Reatta emblems and the red brake calipers. What kind of spoiler is that? Pontiac Grand Am maybe?

New to the forum…hello everyone! 

I owned 4 Rivieras, but my first Reatta. White 1991.

I was sure surprised to see only ~1600 Reattas built in ‘91.

2E8F6EAE-5A03-4DCC-A6B6-6B92E017123E.jpeg

• Like 4