Fixed wires under rug, still no cruise

Captmike

I agree with RM74. Start with a good servo, check the vacuum lines, in other words do the simple things first. In my history of repairs I always go with the assumption the wiring is good but the end component is bad. Has always served me well except for one thing. A bad relay plug in the console fuse box on the Black. It caused an intermittent failure of the headlights to work.

BTW on the Reatta the cruise comes on at 25 mph.

Captmike, Be careful when backfeeding the system you can create more problems. If you can get a known to be good servo use it in place of the one that's on the car. You could also have a bad brake light switch or porous vacuum line.  If my memory serves me right the cruise will not work under 30 mph which means that it is controlled by the grounds of the computer. Also just above the gas pedal is a module that is the power supply, that can also have an effect on the problems your having, but it sounds like the orange wire. I hope I'm wrong.

When my cruise didn't work I went step by step as directed in the manual troubleshooting section. I went by the tree (does it work yes , no) which got to the point where it said my problem was the servo. I bought a replacement servo and it was the correct solution. If you have a manual my advice is to go to the troubleshooting section and follow the procedure.

Yes that's the bridge. If you expose connector 201 when it is still in place look under it and in the far right corner you will find the orange wire. This wire comes "from" the fuse and not to it, that is why the fuse relating to these problems will check good after I repaired this wire I not only got back door, trunk, and gas tank locks etc. I also got back the ability to control all my lights through the headlight switch instead of the fog light switch. I believe that those repairs came from positioning the copper wires in the c201 connector and sealing the wires with a sealer keeping them from grounding out to the other contacts again.

All of those things your fix repaired work fine.

All of those things your fix repaired work fine.

Yes ....I have no more problems. Everything is working as GM intended. Did you get the mirrors and locks working? It is important for us to know.