Fog lights come ON, when I turn on the car?Will not turn OFFuntil I turn off the car?

ski.dive

Fog lights come ON , when I turn on the car?

Will not turn OFF, if I hit the Fog light switch or whatever on/off button I push.?

They turn off when I turn off the car.

Check the fog button switch on the console in front of the shifter...

This issue started today...Crazy Reatta Electronics :idea:

I hit that button and every button, as long as the ignition is on the FOG lights are ON??

Fog light comes ON when I turn on the key :huh:

Fog light goes OFF when I turn off the key :huh:

If the Headlight switch is in the "off" position and the foglight console button is off [the indicator light should be off] the foglights should be off.

There is a way to program the fog lights to be on every time the ignition is on. This was for the cars to be sold in Canada. It does require extra programming which I doubt you could have done accidently.

If the Headlight switch is in the "off" position and the foglight console button is off [the indicator light should be off] the foglights should be off.

Yes, indicator light is off at head light and fog light buttons?

Like I said, it started today :huh:

At least, the fog lights do go off when I turn off the car...A good thing!!!

I'm thinking, it will fix itself sooner or later...hahahah

There is a way to program the fog lights to be on every time the ignition is on. This was for the cars to be sold in Canada. It does require extra programming which I doubt you could have done accidently.

There was some discussion regarding using the fog lights as daylight running lights at the AACA in January of 2015. There is a way to turn them on (yes it was for cars sold in Canada) and I agree with Daves89 that it's doubtful you could have set it on accidentally. Still the same I would look to see what the BCM is set at.

Per Padgett on January 12, 2015; BD90 has an over ride you can set to make the fog lights stay on all the time. The code is 48 for Canada (lights on as daylight running lights) or code 144 for USA. He refers to page 8D14 in the 1988 FMS but also says it does not mention the code for Canada (48).

If your car reads 48 on BD90 it somehow got switched to fog lights on at all times. If it still reads 144 on BD90 then you have some more investigatin' to do!

Also per McReatta on Jan 11, 2015; (you can find it right here at this website)

You can do this like the factory did by programming the BCM.

You basically tell the BCM it is a Canadian export car.

Have to do a search on the value change needed.

Start reading from page 14 of this link to get the concept:

http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/57-diagnostic-information/diagnostic-instructions/56-diagnostics-instructions-page-1

Fog lights come ON , when I turn on the car?

Will not turn OFF, if I hit the Fog light switch or whatever on/off button I push.?

They turn off when I turn off the car.

Are the parking lights on also? If the parking lights are on then the fog light circuit is powered somehow.

If the parking lights are off then you are most likely in DRL (daylight running light) mode. I went back to search on the AACA site and found that in 2005 someone had said that in DRL mode the the parking lights will not be on and fog lights will be on but dimmed then when you turn on the fog lights with the switch they will get brighter.

No Parking lights ON--Only the Fog lights

Try this.

Turn the key to the RUN position so the fog lights come on.

Turn on the headlights and put them on high beam.

See if the fog lights go off.

Report back here what you find.

Try this.

Turn the key to the RUN position so the fog lights come on.

Turn on the headlights and put them on high beam.

See if the fog lights go off.

Report back here what you find.

Ronnie

IT WORKED=FOG LIGHTS WENT OFF!!! :DThank you!

Where did you find these weird instructions?

Ronnie

IT WORKED=FOG LIGHTS WENT OFF!!! :DThank you!

Where did you find these weird instructions?

Did that solve the problem completely or do the fog lights only go off when you have the lights on bright?

As for the instructions... I didn't find them anywhere. I wrote them for you as a test for you to perform to narrow down the problem. The instructions were based on me looking at the wiring diagram for fog lights in the service manual. You really should consider getting a service manual.

Your fog light button is sticking. Ronnie was correct in having you switch to brights because when the lights go to brights the fog light switch is over ruled and turns off the fog lights.

***I wonder what caused the problem yesterday???

I hit fog light button 100 times and the foglights would not turn off?

YES!!!!

Problem is solved!!!

Fog Lights do not come ON when I turn on the car.

Fog Lights come on/off with the Fog Light switch like they should!!!

~Thanks!!!

I can hardly wait for your next post asking why when you are driving at night with your headlights on, that when you switch to brights, the backlighting on the headlight and wiper switch goes out.

I can hardly wait for your next post asking why when you are driving at night with your headlights on, that when you switch to brights, the backlighting on the headlight and wiper switch goes out.

Dave

Is this a prediction?

I do not know what is worse the LUCAS electronics on my British car, or the REATTA electronics :huh:

I have experience working on both and my opinion is that Lucas electronics / wiring is worse than Reatta.

I have experience working on both and my opinion is that Lucas electronics / wiring is worse than Reatta.

I agree. I've had several Austin Healey's all the way from a Bugeye Sprite to a 3000 MK II. I had numerous problems with switches, tachometers and generators. On the flip side of the coin I have to say the Reatta electronics is much more complicated to troubleshoot for the average mechanic.

I agree. I've had several Austin Healey's all the way from a Bugeye Sprite to a 3000 MK II. I had numerous problems with switches, tachometers and generators. On the flip side of the coin I have to say the Reatta electronics is much more complicated to troubleshoot for the average mechanic.

True!!

Not too many wires to trace-on those old British cars