Too young for arthritis

jglawnyc

Hi Reattos:  So the '91 has had new struts and strut mounts all around, new front cradle mounts, a new left front hub and new tires (going for balancing next week).  Still in all, until it warms up (and this never happens in the summer) she creeks and crackles in the from (mostly left side I think) on bumps and turns until shes good and warm.  Before I have the mechanic'$ assessment, anyone have some sage Reatta wisdom on this?  As always, thanks to all.

Thanks Dave, will check up on that.  All this work.....I expect the suspension to be quiet and sure footed.

Hi Dave and the Reattos: Mechanic said that creaking and crackling is due to....lower control arms. What do you think? I will be putting that on the to do list. Lower control arm ball joints are only about 17 bucks each in the Reatta store. Thanks.

So its the lower front control arms (not ball joints) and mechanic want me to get both driver and pass. side, though the driver side is the creaking culprit.  Does anyone know where I can get this part?  Checked the Reatta Store and Google and its not easy to find.

I deal with a yard in Colorado that is called Fair Auto and Truck. Ask for Tony. He has used ones in inventory at $45.00 each. I like Colorado for used parts because of moderate temperatures and little use of salt.

Number is 800-748-2505 It won't help you on price but tell him that Dave the Reatta guy that buys the sensor leads referred you.

Good luck

• 2 years later...