What is That?

Frogware

So yesterday (Saturday) I just happen to be at the Dealership looking at cars and well me and the wife were driving the Reatta. We started walking in and a salesman opened the door and first thing he asked (after greeting us) was "What is that you are driving?" After the shock wore off (First time anyone has asked me about the Reatta) I told him about the Reatta Saga.

After a while he told me about a car that had similar accounts but couldn't remember what is was. Well me and the wife continued with our car shopping and all of a sudden this salesman came over and told me he found it.

He said it is a Chrysler that was built by Maserati or helped build - the Chrysler Maserati TC also a two seater. I was like oh yeah I remember those. They were built in 1988 - 1990 and the model years from 1989 - 1991.

Anyway interesting the similarities and such. I was mostly excited about being recognized or my Reatta being recognized...FINALLY!

1989 Chrysler Maserati TC

Ronnie Sorry I guess this should have went in the other Forum Thread 'Me and My Reatta' - If you can move it there that would be great.

Thanks

"What is that?" is usually the first question I get asked about my Reatta at a cruise-in or car show. Then they ask about the motor and quickly lose interest. I guess they were expecting a Hemi. :)

I've saw a lot of the TCs around here. They have a lot in common with the Reatta like leather seats, all the bells and whistles, etc. but most of them I've seen had a 4 cylinder engine.

"What is that?" is usually the first question I get asked about my Reatta at a cruise-in or car show. Then they ask about the motor and quickly lose interest. I guess they were expecting a Hemi. :)

I've saw a lot of the TCs around here. They have a lot in common with the Reatta like leather seats, all the bells and whistles, etc. but most of them I've seen had a 4 cylinder engine.

If it looks fast then it must be fast...Yep that's right hahaha

Yeah I guess in some they were turbo charged but still not very fast. Also found out that the hard tops can be removed for a convertible style.

Edit: I guess I better get my facts straight, The TC actually stands for Turbo Convertible.

• 2 years later...