What do you use to hold your phone in your Reatta?

Ronnie

Silver;

As far as I know the 90' & 91' have the same interior. So my question is are you talking about replacing the factory stereo/cd in the main dash area or below near the gear shift?

The one in the main dash area is a 1.5DIN and will work for a single DIN unit with a mounting kit but it will protrude out about 1 1/2" from the panel.

The other space will fit a double DIN but will require a bit more modification.

I currently have both applications and if you would like pictures of one or both let me know.

Frogware,

I have been following this thread with interest as I finally joined the 21st century by purchasing an iPhone.  I have a '91 Reatta with a tired radio . . . at the very least it needs removed and sent in for servicing, I understand there are 6 capacitors that need replaced.  If I do that, things remain stock and I have a working radio.

I do not have to be stock as I am not a purist; my goal is to incorporate the iPhone into my car in such a way that I can use hands free telephone, perhaps provide music from Pandora or other sources that I choose, and finally, take advantage of Waze or other maps/directions capabilities that the phone has.  

Long way of saying that I am interested in the photos that you offered to post . . . and your opinion and the opinions of others as to how to best set up the '90/'91 Reatta interior to incorporate the modern phone.  Thanks in advance for the help!!

Thanks for posting photos.  Unfortunately, my Reatta is a ‘91, and won’t be the same application.

I’m wondering if the CD player in the ‘91 is a Single DIN size piece of audio equipment?

Again, thanks for your images,

Silver

For openers the radio looks like it is off set but it is not, with that said the radio I used along with Bluetooth has CD and DVD with touch screen so replacing this radio with the CD player will give you everything you want, that is if it will fit in your dash. Nice thing is if it doesn't Walmart will that it back.

Frogware,

Long way of saying that I am interested in the photos that you offered to post . . . and your opinion and the opinions of others as to how to best set up the '90/'91 Reatta interior to incorporate the modern phone.  Thanks in advance for the help!!

Nittany,

Here are both applications;

The first one I removed the factory radio/cd player and used a GM install kit.

Front view

IMG_2486.thumb.JPG.a46b9d8b2fa3aaee1920ee13ed8f3fa9.JPG

IMG_2487.thumb.JPG.dbc4ee8a1091512de5d383dc0001dc7d.JPG

IMG_2488.thumb.JPG.742835700b3d533e5bc09b4ce5485855.JPG

The next one I kept the factory stereo (No CD) and put a double DIN where the broken CD player was (Some Reatta's have a Garage in this spot)

Front View

IMG_2490.thumb.JPG.6e39ea2ff6dab92d4cfdec2604e07936.JPG

IMG_2491.thumb.JPG.b89e995494b9faa2b9451136b1f084b4.JPG

IMG_2492.thumb.JPG.713dc55908ec117c07ef612c924d51ef.JPG

Ronnie why did the pictures flip they were correct before I uploaded them?

If you can edit them from your side go ahead if not oh well.

Ronnie why did the pictures flip they were correct before I uploaded them?

If you can edit them from your side go ahead if not oh well.

Sorry, I don't know why that happens but it does from time to time.