1988 Reatta=How do I remove the speedo Bezel to replace the warning light bulbs ?

ski.dive

1988 Reatta=

Again a 1988 Reatta=

How do I remove the Speedometer Bezel to replace the warning light bulbs   ?

Please see the "How to" tutorials on the top of this page.

Please see the "How to" tutorials on the top of this page

I read the "How to" tutorials- but all it had was info on how to remove the entire dash?

All I want to do is remove the speedo bezel to access the warning light bulbs.

Is there a way just to remove the speedo bezel, without having to remove the entire dash?

I thought I had written one years ago and it was now on the tutorials. It is pretty straight forward;

Tilt the steering wheel in the lowest/downward position.

Grasp the bezel in the cross bar close to the outside making sure your finger tips are under the bezel and the backing plastic. [The bezel is actually two parts a top trim panel and a "backing" panel].

Then pull. The bezel is held in place by 4 "friction clips". There are no screws to remove when removing the instrument panels bezel.

You will then see 4 screws on either side of the IPC [innstrument Panel Cluster]. Two on each side hold the IPC in place. I believe they are the "upper" ones on each side in a low and high position. After the screws are out [if you are not sure you can remove all 8 screws as the other screws only hold the Headlight Switch bezel and the vent bezel in place.

Then put your fingertips under each side of the IPC and pull. It will release from the plug and come out.

To get at the warning lights you simply remove the silver screws on both the upper edge and lower edge and the IPC clear plexiglass panel comes off. You then can get at the bulbs. They are a common 194 clear bulb.

Install is the reverse.

• 3 weeks later...

...Just food for thought ....you don't need to remove the cluster to change the bulbs just remove the screws that hold the clear face onto the cluster and change the bulbs....But be careful there is also a felt pad that can fall out. when I did mine I took a little glue and held it in place.

...Just food for thought ....you don't need to remove the cluster to change the bulbs just remove the screws that hold the clear face onto the cluster and change the bulbs....But be careful there is also a felt pad that can fall out. when I did mine I took a little glue and held it in place.

That is true but with all the "newbies" that come on here I tell them the "long" way so there is less confusion.

I hope you don't think I was trying to step on your toes, I value your information and am thankful for this forum. I thought I knew everything there was to know about automotive electronics until I got this Reatta....What an eye opener.

Not at all. I am for one glad for someone else to come on here and offer to help with a good "working" knowledge of cars. You are right, the Reatta is a "eye opening" car but the big thing is voltage and grounds. If the voltage is low or the grounds are not good, strange things can happen...