code 031 - Do I have to remove trans>?

fordrodsteven

I would stop in at a transmission shop and show them what you need. I would think there would be one laying around.

I would stop in at a transmission shop and show them what you need. I would think there would be one laying around.

I will try that. Maybe see if they will swap the new (superseded) one to replace what they have.

That is great idea! I always liked hanging with machinists as they are the guys trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Good for you.

Get it fixed and turn it loose before something else happens...

Great news! I was afraid you might have given up. Your solution is what we use to call at work "making a square peg fit a round hole". Good work.

I was very surprised at how "soft" the shaft material is! I had to be careful with the method of holding it so as not to mar it up. It was easy to drill and tap also.

Ron said - Great news! I was afraid you might have given up. Your solution is what we use to call at work "making a square peg fit a round hole". Good work.

LOL I'm too darn stubborn to give up! It took me a while because I had some other things going on. Darn life gets in the way of me playing with the cars. I should have it back together and driving in a week. (unless some of those other life issues pops up!)

• 2 weeks later...

DONE!. I took it out for a drive. Everything is functioning as it should. Happy! Happy! I also changed out the front brake hoses along with replacing three lower trans / engine mounts, engine oil pan gasket, front ABS leads / sensors, outer CV boots, Rack & pinion boot, lower ball joints, torsion bar bushings, and sway bar links.

That sounds great! Glad it all came together for you. However does that mean the car is up for sale and that you will be moving on?

That's the plan (and the wife says so!) In the meantime I will be driving it. I'm hoping to get $3,000 but will entertain lesser offers.. I need to get going on the Thunderbird.

Don't forget Dave - buying a Reatta is like checking into the Hotel California. I'm not so sure that he's gone for good. :)