Is my accumulator bad?

DAVES89

Contamination is a valid concern. I do not get too concerned with the accumulator since a working one, even if the gas is half depleted, will expel all of the fluid when depressurized. The pump is a little more complicated concern. I just did a motor exchange on a pump Dave retrieved from Chicagoland. The motor is inoperable but the pump itself does rotate just fine. There was a fair amount of dark sludge/rust on the bottom of the inlet chamber for the pump, but it was all outside the screen that surrounds the inlet chamber. The area inside the screen was essentially pristine. I know I have mentioned this many times in the past, but some form of bleeder system, preferably with a gauge and dump control valve allows the pump to be purged of air, and in this case, contaminants, before connecting the outlet to the brake system. It's not a perfect solution, but it will give an idea of anything that may be in the used pump if discharged into a clear container. The cost of a small bottle of brake fluid is all it takes. If a gauge is part of the setup, the pressures and pressure switch operation, including the indicator lights with a helper, can easily be done on the car. JMHO

The Jaguar one will work. The #25528382 is a GM part number. Why don't you take a look at the Wabco unit 2seater posted a link to?

I did order the wabco stc 2784. 155.00 ebay. I took my old one off, it was full of fluid, so took a soft stick to the hole and it went all the way inand hit metal, measured it and nothing left of diafram. Also easy air test, air gun in hole large volume ofnair blew back. Hollow accumulator.

I did order the wabco stc 2784. 155.00 ebay. I took my old one off, it was full of fluid, so took a soft stick to the hole and it went all the way inand hit metal, measured it and nothing left of diafram. Also easy air test, air gun in hole large volume ofnair blew back. Hollow accumulator.

I believe this the larger .33 liter size, similar to the Hydac, so you will likely need to shim the crossbar between the strut towers. The fluid level will drop more than the standard ball, so don't be alarmed by that. Do not add more fluid to compensate. The standard of pumping the pressure down before setting the fluid level is still just fine, but it may require a few more pumps to get a hard pedal, plus a few more. I think your pump will thank you for the new accumulator. Please keep us up to date with the results.

The Jaguar one will work. The #25528382 is a GM part number. Why don't you take a look at the Wabco unit 2seater posted a link to?

Ordered wabco