Diagnostics Not working!!!

Frogware

Hello All :D 

Does anyone know why my diagnostics will not work? I tried entering the mode on my 1990 a couple months ago by pressing the temperature up and fan up at the same time with the ignition on but there was no response. It worked last year just fine. I have disconnected the battery and still nothing, I even ordered another ECC (like the one below) and it still does not work. ($50 down the drain)

Now it gets real interesting :huh:  So I thought maybe I got a bad ECC and was going to pull the one from my other 90' , but before I did that I tried to enter diagnostics on it and now it doesn't work! WHAT IS GOING ON???

I have read the shop manual and it doesn't say anything about not being able to access the diagnostics mode. Do these ECC's really fail that often, when they are working one minute and not the next. Everything else works on them just fine, so what could be the problem?

If anyone has any insight on this it would be appreciated because I need to see what codes I am getting because I am still having problems with the girl just all of a sudden losing power, I suspect the cam sensor but want to make sure it isn't something else.

Thanks

481x360http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/59IAAOSw32lYvtMv/s-l1600.jpg[/img]

You are absolutely right! I can't believe how I messed up that process. I have done it several times in the past with success, but for some reason along the way I switched the process in my mind...Stupid.

Thanks for setting me straight, I don't know how long I would have been doing it that way without thinking that I was doing it wrong.

Thank You!

This I the beauty of the ROJ forum. Whenever I had problems with my '89 I would jump-in and post my question and I always got an answer, which saved me time in looking into the service manual as to what could be causing the problem.

Once again a kind thank-you to Ronnie for maintaining this forum.

Woody

This I the beauty of the ROJ forum.  Whenever I had problems with my '89 I would jump-in and post my question and I always got an answer, which saved me time in looking into the service manual as to what could be causing the problem.

Once again a kind thank-you to Ronnie for maintaining this forum.

Woody

Thank you Woody for being a member of the ROJ forum.