Convertible top release for tonni cove

crd8481

Does anyone know what the problem might be when I push the convertible top release for tonni cover and nothing happens?

Thanks

Chris

Does anyone know what the problem might be when I push the convertible top release for tonni cover and nothing happens?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have a '91 convertible so there may be some differences, but I do know there exists at least one reason why your cover may not open:  if the trunk is open, the car will not allow the tonneau cover to open, thus averting the possibility of damage to either.

Now, if you are sure the trunk is closed, I suggest that gives you a starting point in tracking down an electrical gremlin . . . does your car "think" the trunk lid is open?  The best way to track down the appropriate electrical circuits is with a 1990 factory manual.  There is also a convertible manual that primarily exists for adjustments of the convertible top and it has been put on line somewhere.  I'm not sure if that would be of much help unless you're replacing the top tho.

If you need additional help, let us know and I or others will be happy to get you additional info.  Have you tried the "search" feature on this site or at the AACA forum for Reatta's?

Hi Chris,

I have a '91 convertible so there may be some differences, but I do know there exists at least one reason why your cover may not open:  if the trunk is open, the car will not allow the tonneau cover to open, thus averting the possibility of damage to either.

Now, if you are sure the trunk is closed, I suggest that gives you a starting point in tracking down an electrical gremlin . . . does your car "think" the trunk lid is open?  The best way to track down the appropriate electrical circuits is with a 1990 factory manual.  There is also a convertible manual that primarily exists for adjustments of the convertible top and it has been put on line somewhere.  I'm not sure if that would be of much help unless you're replacing the top tho.

If you need additional help, let us know and I or others will be happy to get you additional info.  Have you tried the "search" feature on this site or at the AACA forum for Reatta's?

Thank you Nittany.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

Just curious if you were able to get your vert top release working?

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet the car is stored 3 hours from where I live. I should be able to get to it with in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for checking.

Chris

• Ronnie changed the title to Convertible top release for tonni cove