1991 reatta with a wiring issue

johnnyb

i have a 1991 reatta with a wiring issue.the black ground wires on passenger side front headlight,turn signal,parking lights have been cut from an front end collision.the colored wires i reconnected with no problem.im trying to find out if all the black wires are specific or can they all just go black to any black.its a total of 5 cut wires.

4 minutes ago, johnnyb said:

i have a 1991 reatta with a wiring issue.the black ground wires on passenger side front headlight,turn signal,parking lights have been cut from an front end collision.the colored wires i reconnected with no problem.im trying to find out if all the black wires are specific or can they all just go black to any black.its a total of 5 cut wires.

Welcome to the forum! Generally speaking, black wires on a Reatta are grounds. You should try to make sure the wires are connected to the terminal they came from orginally. As you can see in the photo below some of the ground wires go to an "Isolated Ground" junction. Those are for the computers, CRT, IPC etc. and they should continue to go to that ground point.

ground_junction_block-1.jpg

thanks Ronnie.i did trace them to the ground post and figured thats where they would go.i have a parts car(89).its red with tan interior like your pic.its rusted out pretty bad though.anyway i took that wiring harness out of it and problem is most of those wires are all color coded for the grounds so couldnt copy those really

I just assumed the grounds on the '91 are like the ones in the photo but maybe the '91 is different.

• Ronnie changed the title to 1991 reatta with a wiring issue