Installing a OEM CD player--1991 Coupe

Eclectic

Hello all, especially Ronnie (applause),

My second Reatta, the Blue 1991 Coupe, is now running very nicely down the road without any problems.  Even though it only has 48,000 miles, it still had many of the classic problems I have been reading about on the ROJ, Thanks so much for being here. 

The problems, codes, errors, faults involved first replacing the cam sensor which had gotten wet from a water pump failure, then the cam magnet had fallen out, we glued in a new one. One ground wire in a stack of grounds near the battery was obviously intermittent. discolored--- cleaned and greased all of the ground points, replaced the cheap battery with a new yellow top.  and finally, replaced the Delphi ignition control module, the final triumph. 

I am now hoping to not see any codes for a while, but then, I'd also like to be closer with my girlfriend.  

I have made a couple of discoveries about the car and the next facelift that is needed for this aging beauty, the latest love of my life.

I was surprised to realize that the car has been repainted this gorgeous royal blue.  I think it may have been originally white, but haven't checked the vin codes or the Carfax yet.  What can I say? She had me with the first glance...or should I say...I had her, in exchange for a good bit of the coin of the realm.   $4500 to be precise.  I was in such a spin, that I didn't even check her teeth.  

The previously owner departed a few months after buying the car, and I am hoping its not the Carrie syndrome all over again.  

Which reminds me of one of my favorite things to say when I arrive, late again, for whatever.  I break the chill by saying "It's too soon to call me "the late Michael Johnson""  So far, I've recovered from a number of setbacks, some of my own making, and I am still standing, although not quite as tall as I once did.

The end is near, and by Buddha, I am going to enjoy this drive!  Even if it kills me, which brings me to my next project, replacing the brand new 14 year old tires that are on the car. I can't even get a flat repaired!  Also struts all the way round.  I am thinking about doing my own struts, after all, what did I buy the damned impact gun for, anyway?  And also, it looks so easy on Youtube....

To continue, I feel somewhat obligated to ask my question about the matter of swapping the OEM CD player from my first, 1990 Red Reatta, to the previously discussed 1991 Blue Reatta. Does anyone have experience with these later Reatta radios? Had the radio components been moved entirely to the dash and become more analog when the CRT was removed or did some components stay under the seat? Can I just plug in the cd player?

Also, does anyone want to hear my rundown of repairs on the 1990 parts car/great driving resurrected dream machine? It is for sale...