New reatta owner electrical issues

nsrick

Hello everyone  Rick here 

just bought a 90 select 60 Saturday and have some electrical issues hoping for ideas  

List of what I have found not working  

interior courtesy lights 

power mirrors

power locks

tonneau release 

drivers power seat the controls on seat not working   controls on door do work 

cruise control does not come on 

I have checked all fuses, checked the grounds by battery,   starting to think time to pull the seats but before I do that just seeing if there may be other places I should look at.  

I am finding this forum very helpful

I tried for quite a while to get my courtesy lights to work on my '88. Last year I was doing some other work and the car was also out of commission for the winter. I decided what the heck? I pulled the seats. I didn't want to remove anymore of the interior to get at the splices under the carpet. I took a razor knife and cut the carpeting so I could open up the wiring trough. I found all the connections rusted and also two that were broken. I made the repairs to all the wires and then I had working courtesy lights! I also found a couple other power switches were no longer intermittent. My advice to anyone who hasn't done it yet is that you need to get in there and clean up those splices.

Fordrodsteven has the correct answer. Too much wrong with the Select 60 for it to be anything else.

Welcome to the forum Rick! I agree with the advice you've been given. Instructions are on this website for doing the repairs.

Thanks guys  I had the feeling with so many items not working it was going to be the splices, I have all winter to sort it out, may start on it after Christmas

Again thank you all

I tried for quite a while to get my courtesy lights to work on my '88. Last year I was doing some other work and the car was also out of commission for the winter. I decided what the heck? I pulled the seats. I didn't want to remove anymore of the interior to get at the splices under the carpet. I took a razor knife and cut the carpeting so I could open up the wiring trough. I found all the connections rusted and also two that were broken. I made the repairs to all the wires and then I had working courtesy lights! I also found a couple other power switches were no longer intermittent. My advice to anyone who hasn't done it yet is that you need to get in there and clean up those splices.

My 1990 is exact same thing...no mirrors, locks, interior lights, hatch latch....my question can someone show where the harness runs across drivers ?  ..where I can cut picture

My 1990 is exact same thing...no mirrors, locks, interior lights, hatch latch....my question can someone show where the harness runs across drivers ?  ..where I can cut picture

This might be helpful: Wire Splice Repair 

It doesn't include cutting carpet. The tutorial assumes you have the carpet removed.

I did the driver side splices this week they did fall apart or were badly corroded now the locks,mirrors, top cover, trunk light all work still no interior lights I suspect once I tackle the passenger side all will work

still no interior lights  I suspect once I tackle the passenger side  all will work

I think  you are probably correct. The interior lights are controlled by the ground side of the circuit. If I remember correctly, the ground wire splices are on the passenger side.

• 2 weeks later...

I just did my wires today, just cut rug. 4 hours of new splices....got interior lights. Boot switch works now, but still no cruise and power mirrors.