New (almost) Accumulator Ball FS

AZ Ron

I think I might need an accumulator but you are scaring me when you say the pump ran a lot with the spinning wheels accumulator installed. Do you mean the pump ran a lot when you first started the car to charge the accumulator OR it ran a lot when you were driving the car?

When I have the key on and the pump has fully charged the accumulator and shut off, I get two pumps of the pedal before I hear my pump start running again. I can't remember how many pumps I get before the red light comes on. Under the same conditions how many pedal pumps did you get before the pump starts with the spinning wheels accumulator installed?

I might be interested.

PM me your address and I will mail it to you.  If it works for you then you can pay me.  When driving the pump would start up after a few stops, run for about 20 seconds and go quiet.  It was quite noisy when running.  The pump quieted down some after I tightened up the bolt that holds it on.  There is  a possibility that I dislodged the rear of the pump from its mounting pin when I unscrewed the old accumulator ball.  Since the retaining bolt was loose the pump rotated off to the side quite a bit.

Now the pump is so quiet I can hardly hear it (used accumulator ball installed).

The more I think about it the more I think this is what happened.

I'll bet this will work fine for you with no risk.

Thanks for your offer to ship it to me. I appreciate it. Dave has one that he wants me to test on my car. (see the new thread I started) He will be shipping it out to me tomorrow. Go ahead and sell yours if you get the chance. You shouldn't have a problem selling it as new as it is. I wouldn't want to knock you out of a sale waiting for me to test the accumulator that Dave is sending.

The accumulator has now been tested.  It has a slightly higher capacity than a stock Teves ball.

I am giving folks here first chance to buy it before I put it on eBay on May 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Item is now on the "Bay".  Search under Hydac Accumulator.  I will cut a deal for Forum members.